Apple releases the newest versions of its phone systems every year, and this year is no exception. Every three years, Apple upgrades its flagship phone with a new processor and 5G capabilities. New iPhone 12 is released on October 23rd. With this release, Apple fans don’t have to worry about being left in the dust.
To use your new phone as you did before, you will have to transfer the data from your old phone to the new one. In this section, we will teach you how to do that.
Quick Start lets you set up your new iPhone quickly by importing basic settings, enhancing the quality of your experience. You’ll save time, and have a great phone experience easily with how Quick Start is structured.
- Connect your old iPhone to your new one with Bluetooth and wait for it to show up on your new device’s screen.
- Wait for the message of ‘Quick Start’ to appear on your old phone and then follow the instructions to finish transferring data.
- Scan with your old iPhone over the blue dots on the screen on your new phone, enter the passcode now set up fingerprint recognition on your new phone, and then use it.
If you want to transfer your old apps, settings, and data to the new iPhone 12 easily and painlessly, you can use Quick Start to transfer everything in minutes.
You can speed up the process of copying your data to a new phone by using a wired connection. Wired connections are possible using a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a Lightning to USB Cable.
- After enabling your fingerprint, you will receive the message to Transfer Your Data.
- When you’re transferring your data, select Transfer from iPhone and the process will start.
The fastest way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone 12 is to use AOMEI MBackupper as it lets you transfer only the relevant data than isn’t available on the other device. For instance, user content like photos, videos, music, and messages can all be transferred in a matter of minutes with AOMEI.
AOMEI MBackupper offers support for iOS 15/14/13 and iPhone devices, Windows 10, and 8.1. It is compatible with iPhone 13/13 Pro/12Pro/11Pro Max, XS, etc.
- With the AOMEI MBackupper program, you can seamlessly transfer between two devices from a PC.
- When connecting the iOS device and computer with a USB cable, a box will show up asking if you want to transfer.
- Click on “Start Transfer” to start the process and wait for it to finish.
- You must encrypt the operation before sending it while iPhone health data and other personal information should remain private to avoid conflicts on the future use of the said device.
iCloud backup is a great option for restoring an iPhone during a restore, but it does not work when the Internet is unstable or offline. You can use the iCloud backup feature to restore your phone in case you lose all of your data, which includes apps and device settings.
- To set up your new iPhone 12, you first need to go to the Settings app on your old iPhone, tap iCloud and turn on iCloud Backup.
- The process will then prompt you to connect your device to Wi-Fi and other settings.
- After the backup process completes and iOS prompts you to restore from the backup, you are ready to set up your new iPhone 12.
With help from iTunes to send files between different Apple devices without the computer being connected to the Internet, you can transfer your chat history or anything else easily if you use an individual phone like an iPhone. For more details, see this guide What Does iTunes Backup Include before restoring from backup.
To backup, your iPhone before upgrading to iOS 12, follows these steps:
- Open iTunes and download the latest version.
- Download the last backup of your old phone as well.
- Connect your old phone to a PC via a USB cable.
- After iTunes recognizes the phone, click on Back Up Now.
- Wait for about 15 minutes, then disconnect and connect iPhone 12 to the PC. Click the device icon and then click Restore Backup.
The iPhone 12 has come and iPhone data migration is getting easier with the help of AOMEI MBackupper, a professional tool. Those who want to share this passage can do so to help others transfer data from their old iPhones to new ones.